My mom makes the best fresh, crisp, green salad. The. Best. Period. But… I’m no slouch when it comes to making one, and neither are these amazing food bloggers. Today I’m featuring the top 10 Best Green Salad Recipes!
Is there such a thing as salad season? Is it summertime when the shelves are bursting with fresh, ripe, red tomatoes and crisp cucumbers galore? Is it spring when peas, lettuce and radishes are at their best?
Or maybe it’s fall with all those wonderful tuber veggies like carrots and beets? (I LOVE beets! In fact, here’s my beet salad recipe, which is amazing, but it didn’t even make my list of the best green salad recipes. You should check it out anyway… lol!)
I can probably safely rule out winter as “salad season” (but, boy is it awesome soup season!)
Let’s get to it! Here are the top 10 Green Salad Recipes
The Basic Green Salad Recipe – This is your go-to when you’re looking to keep it light, crunchy, and super easy to make.
Traditional Caesar Salad (but no raw egg) – A tangy, refreshing classic. Add some sliced chicken to make it a meal.
The Best Side Salad – Loaded with flavor but won’t overpower your main dish.
Healthy Green Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing – When you want the best green salad recipe with a bit of a kick!
Kale Pumpkin Salad – All the wholesome goodness of fall piled into one bowl!
Vegetarian Caesar – A vegetarian twist on the classic using kale and crispy garbanzo beans.
The Classic Wedge – The best green salad recipes list wouldn’t be complete without this beautiful classic loaded with flavor.
Chopped Steakhouse Style Salad – Just imagine you’re eating at your finest steakhouse… this is the salad you’ll start with!
Greek Chopped Salad – Everything you’d expect in a Greek salad – olives, feta cheese, crispy cucumber, and a sprinkling of chickpeas.
Belgian Endives Boston Lettuce Salad – This mellow, delicious salad blend can be made any time of the year and goes well with everything!
Tips for making awesome salads
- Always try to buy fresh ingredients that are in season.
- Ingredients like lettuce and cucumbers taste better and are crunchier when they’re cold. But others like tomatoes and beets have more flavor at room temperature.
- Pre-cut crunchy veggies like peppers and celery then put them with some water in a zip-top baggie in the fridge to maximize crispness.
- When using raw onions, leave them in pieces that are large enough for people to pull them out if they don’t want to eat them. Many people love the flavor of raw onion, but cannot digest them well and would prefer to take them out of the salad.
- Add the dressing just before serving so the salad doesn’t get soggy.
There you have it! Every way you can think of to serve your family and guests the best green salad recipes. What a great and colorful way to start any meal!
And if you make any of these awesome salad recipes, take a picture and tag me on Instagram with it. I’d love to see all of your beautiful salad recipes!