Pineapple Vodka Cocktail – my new favorite drink! Can you blame me?? It’s got a little bit of sweet kicked up with a little bit of heat. And that’s how I like my cocktails.
The mixologist on our last cruise ship was amazing. He created the most amazing drinks I’ve ever seen. Over and over people would come up to the bar, tell him “sort of ” what they liked, and he would create a concoction that knocked it out of the park. Every single time.
A little intro so you can check out my video! (Full video below)
So he knew exactly what do to when I told him I wanted big flavor with a kick and just a little bit of sweet. The Pineapple Vodka Cocktail! Woah… it was perfect! (It was his twist on Carnival’s Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Vodka Cocktail.)
Ingredients in the Pineapple Vodka Drink
- Pineapple Juice – You don’t need a lot, but it is essential (see full recipe below).
- Jalapeño Infused Vodka – This gives it the kick that makes the drink famous.
- Chipotle Pineapple Syrup – A little challenging to find, but SO worth it!
- Simple Syrup – I tend to omit this because I don’t like sweet cocktails, but most prefer to keep it in.
How to Make a Pineapple Vodka Cocktail
Grab a cocktail shaker and a martini glass (chilled if possible). Fill the shaker with ice and add 2 ounces of pineapple juice. Add 2 ounces of jalapeno-infused vodka, 1 ounce of chipotle pineapple syrup, and 1 ounce of simple syrup (optional – add for extra sweetness).
Shake vigorously for 30 seconds and strain into the martini glass. “Clap” a mint leaf between the palms of your hands then lay it on top of the drink for garnish and aroma. Enjoy!
About that jalapeno-infused vodka! I’m sure you can find it at nearly any liquor store, but it’s really easy to make (I show you how to make jalapeno infused vodka for your Pineapple Vodka Cocktail here.)
Let’s talk about the chipotle pineapple syrup – normally I don’t make recipes that require ingredients that are difficult to find, but I’m making an exception in this case.
Chipotle pineapple syrup is the bomb in this drink! Amazing! So it’s worth it. You can find chipotle pineapple syrup here on Amazon.
Tips For Amazing Cocktails
- Chill your cocktail shaker if possible
- Chill your martini glass (or whatever glass you’re using)
- Fill the shaker at least 2/3 full with ice
- Shake very vigorously for AT LEAST 30 seconds to ensure you get lots of ice crystals in your drink
- Strain through the shaker lid or a fine mesh strainer to keep all the impurities out of your cocktail
- Always garnish – it adds color and aroma and a fabulous presentation
If you’re looking for more Pineapple Cocktail Recipes, this blog has a whole list of them. I’m sure you’ll find lots of awesome ones to try!
And next time you’re out at a fancy-schmancy bar (or on a cruise ship), ask the bartender to mix you up something sweet with a little bit of heat and see what you get! They might come up with their own version of this Pineapple Vodka Cocktail!
Here’s the FULL video of the Pineapple Vodka Cocktail on my YouTube Cooking Show
Here’s another awesome cocktail for you to try – the Dark and Stormy Drink
Items used for this Pineapple Vodka Cocktail:
Be sure to post a pic on Instagram and tag me in it when you make this! I’d love to see it (and ask you how much you LOVE it!)
P.S. I have a Facebook page too if you’d like to follow me there! 🙂 Cheers!!
This post may contain affiliate links to various products. I may get a very small percentage of anything you purchase with these links, but It will not cost you more if you use these links. Thank you for your support.
- 4 ounces pepper infused vodka, can use regular vodka
- 2 ounces chipotle pineapple syrup, can use regular pineapple syrup
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup, optional
- mint leaves, for garnish and aroma
- Pour all ingredients except mint into a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice and secure lid. Shake vigorously for 1 minute to form ice crystals.
- Strain through shaker stainer or a fine-mesh sieve into 2 chilled martini glasses, divided equally. Clap a mint leaf in your hands to release the mint aroma then place on top of the drink. Enjoy!