Instant Pot Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps to the rescue – when you want tasty and easy but have no idea what the heck to do with that pound of ground turkey sitting in your fridge or freezer.
I really didn’t give ground turkey much of a chance in the past. There are lots of ways to cook ground turkey but it always seemed dry, flavorless, and never seemed to cook up the right way so I almost never served it. That was until I experimented with ground turkey in my pressure cooker!
Is it really possible to make a super tasty, delicious, flavorful, quick and easy and healthy meal with ground turkey?? Yes. It. Is! In fact, you wouldn’t even guess it’s healthy – it’s that good!
And it all starts with this simple ground turkey mixture. Loaded with flavor thanks to some ginger and garlic, hoisin and soy sauce, a dash of red pepper flakes and a few other things.
How to Make Instant Pot Ground Turkey
Press the sauté button to heat pot. Add olive oil, sesame oil and ground turkey. Sauté to break up the turkey then add red pepper flakes, ginger and garlic, chopped water chestnuts, green onions, rice vinegar, hoisin and soy sauce. Stir until combined and add 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Secure lid and pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. Release pressure, stir, remove with a slotted spoon and serve in lettuce cups. Top with sliced green onion. (full recipe below)
Tips for Great Ground Turkey
- Don’t omit the oil – the oil prevents the turkey from sticking to the pot and it also incorporates flavor.
- Stir frequently when sautéing – turkey has a tendency to stick so keep that wooden spatula moving.
- Make sure there’s enough salt – this can be from the soy sauce or table salt, but if your turkey tastes bland you probably need more salt.
- Don’t over cook – the timing for this recipe cooks it perfectly. Don’t be tempted to cook longer or naturally release.
A note about the lettuce – You want nice cold, crisp lettuce. Prep your lettuce by carefully peeling it one layer at a time, wash it thoroughly, wrap with a damp paper towel and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. You can also use Romaine, butter, or bibb lettuce.
We go out for date night once a week and I often order lettuce wraps. Gotta be honest with you… these rival any lettuce wraps I’ve had in any restaurant. (Even those famous P.F. Chang’s ones!)
And whip up a quick serving of this Pressure Cooker Cilantro Lime Rice to go with it! If you’re looking for more Instant Pot Ground Turkey recipes, try this Instant Pot ground turkey sweet potato chili! Delish!
Watch the FULL Video from my YouTube Cooking Show
These Instant Pot ground turkey lettuce wraps should be high on your list when you want something, quick and easy, light and healthy. And they’re ready in about 20 minutes total! (But just because they’re better than “date night” lettuce wraps doesn’t mean it’s ok to skip date night…. that’s never ok! 😉 )
You might also like these Instant Pot Pinto Beans!
Tools used to make this dish
This post may contain affiliate links to various products. I may get a very small percentage of anything you purchase with these links, but It will not cost you more if you use these links. Thank you for your support.
Instant Pot Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1.2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- 3 green onions, sliced crosswise and divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Press the sauté function and let pot get hot. Add olive oil and sesame oil then add ground turkey. Sauté 2-3 minutes to break up turkey.
- Add the red pepper flakes (if using), white and light green parts of the sliced green onion (reserve dark green parts for garnish), garlic, ginger, and water chestnuts. Stir together and sauté for 2 minutes. Add hoisin ad soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir to combine. Secure pressure cooker lid and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Release pressure as soon as the cooking cycle is complete.
- Remove lid and stir well. Using a slotted spoon, remove turkey mixture to a serving platter ad top with the remaining dark green parts of the green onions. Serve with crisp iceberg (or Romain or Bibb) lettuce cups.
Monday 11th of April 2022
Thank you for sharing this recipe. It’s a winner every time! So quick and easy.
Saturday 8th of January 2022
The instant pot turkey lettuce wraps were very delicious! The recipe was easy to follow & made a flavorful healthy meal. My whole family enjoyed it.