I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE WORKING WITH AND SPONSORED BY COLLECTIVE BIAS, INC. AND ITS ADVERTISERS ON THIS POST FEATURING PEPPERIDGE FARM®, HILLSHIRE FARM®, AND BEST FOODS®. I ONLY ENDORSE PRODUCTS I LOVE! ALL OPINIONS ARE MINE ALONE. #SANDWICHWITHTHEBEST #COLLECTIVEBIAS
By now you all know of my love of comfort food… gooey, creamy, cheeseburger macaroni…. baked potato casserole with bacon and sour cream… and of course the ever-popular hot ham and cheese sliders. But sometimes – especially as spring finally decides to take a firm hold on the brutally cold winter – a light, fresh, meal is in order. Especially when camping. That’s when you need these easy, tasty, toasted honey ham and BLT sandwiches! Only 6 ingredients!
In keeping with my RV and camping cooking motto “Keep it tasty. Keep it simple. Keep it easy to clean.” I’ve come up with the ultimate lunch or dinner that perfectly complements the first breath of spring – the classic BLT kicked up a notch or two (or three…) with Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham and turkey bacon. I wanted that homemade “real” taste so I turned to one of my favorites – toasted Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Oatmeal bread. I LOVE this bread! It’s made in small batches, which brings out that homemade flavor. It’s also double wrapped to keep it fresh – a necessity for camping cooking!
This whole meal comes together in about 5 minutes! It’s fresh, crisp, and light, but very filling thanks to the Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham (tastes better than other lunch meats because it’s slow roasted for hours) and the turkey bacon (don’t laugh at the fact that it’s turkey bacon… it’s actually really good!) The bacon cooks up in no time on my awesome Weber grill (using the griddle plate). You can always cook the bacon ahead of time and bring it camping fully cooked in a zip top bag if that’s easier for you. It’s also easier to leaf the lettuce, wash it, wrap it in a damp paper towel, the bring it in a plastic grocery bag in your cooler or fridge.
Set up the Honey Ham BLT Sandwiches Assembly Line:
- Set out the Farmhouse Oatmeal bread – people can choose whether to lightly toast it on the griddle or in a toaster if you have one. I prefer toasted!
- Create a platter with sliced tomato, leafed lettuce, cooked turkey bacon, and some of that awesome Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham
- Make sure to put out a jar of Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise (it may be called Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise in your neck of the woods). I ALWAYS use real mayo!! (it’s the comfort food lover in me…)
- Put a nice schmear of the Best Foods® Mayo on each slice of bread. Throw a couple slices of fresh, juicy tomato and some crisp lettuce on one of the slices. Pile on several slices of the tasty, sweet-salty honey ham. Top with lots of smoky turkey bacon. Top with the remaining slice of bread and sink your teeth into this mountain of a sandwich!
It’s time! It’s time to get outdoors and breathe in the freshness of spring with these easy, tasty, light but filling Honey Ham BLT sandwiches! Six ingredients. Five minutes. And a taste everyone will love! Grab all the ingredients (as well as your camping gear) at Walmart!
Click here to get more info on these tasty ingredients!
- 12 Slices Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Oatmeal bread, Toasted if desired
- Several Slices Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham
- 12 Strips Turkey Bacon, Cooked to package directions
- 4 Tablespoons Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Sliced
- 6 Pieces Leafed Iceberg Lettuce
- Spread Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise on to toasted Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Oatmeal bread.
- Top with Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham and remaining ingredients and enjoy! (How easy is that?? Pretty easy... ? )
Monday 27th of March 2017
This looks so good! I really like Oatmeal bread, so hearty and delicious. #client
Tuesday 11th of April 2017
Everyone raved about the Oatmeal bread! Soooooo Good!!