I am very happy to be working with and compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertisers on this post featuring International Delight®. All opinions are mine alone. #SplashOfDelight #CollectiveBias
Driveway camping. Yep. That’s a thing. A real thing. I must have been living under a rock for the last few decades because I honestly had never heard of driveway camping until this year. What do you do when you want to go camping but can’t get away? You driveway camp. And what do you do when you’ve had a stressful week and just want to pretend to take an awesome vacation? You driveway camp. And what do you do when you have so many family members coming in for the holidays but there’s not nearly enough room to sleep them all? You set up your RV so they can driveway camp. And what’s the best way to give everyone a warm, comforting, loving good morning each day they are camping in your driveway? A steaming cup of delicious coffee – flavored just they way they like it – accompanied by a huge warm chunk of gooey Monkey Bread! That’s how you do it!
We do the every-other-year-get-together-for-the-holidays thing. And this is the year. When my sisters, parents, in-laws and such started doing this two decades ago, it was pretty manageable. Then came marriages, kids, kids’ kids, kids’ significant others…. and even some people I’m not even sure are part of the whole picture, but they show up anyway. This year is big. The out of town company always stays at my sister’s house. And that’s big too. But not big enough this year. So, you guessed it… there’s definitely going to be some driveway camping going on. Good thing we all have RVs! So in the big driveway of my sister’s big house will be three big RVs!
And as all of those people roll out of all those beds each morning, they’ll be wanting a hot cup of delicious coffee made just the way they like it, as well as something wonderful to eat to start their day. International Delight® to the rescue! All of you who follow me on SnapChat already know that I’m a huge fan of International Delight® in my morning coffee. It’s SO easy! (Not to mention delicious…) So it’s a definite go-to for me to set out on the “coffee bar” for everyone. Whether the guests like a hint of vanilla, a splash of caramel, or a bit of sweet cream, International Delight® has them all! And how easy is that for me…? I set out a coffee maker (or two), a bunch of mugs, some coffee stirring sticks, and a few packs of sugar, along with all of the amazing International Delight® creamers and everyone’s happy! Almost no work for me!! Woo hoo!
But, yes… they all need food too. That’s where the monkey bread comes in. Have you ever had monkey bread? Think warm biscuits meet gooey, caramel-y, sticky, cinnamon-y, hunks of goodness baked together into one huge loaf! Then set it on the counter and watch it disappear chunk by chunk. It’s awesome! And always a crowd pleaser. Although Monkey bread is very easy to make, it’s always a bit of a challenge to get the perfect combination of rich gooeyness, light fluffiness, and flavorful, sweet (but not too sweet) drizzle topping. Again…. International Delight® to the rescue! These wonderful flavorful creamers now come in a convenient half-gallon size that makes it perfect for baking. (Plus the “handle” side is contoured for easy pouring – genius!) So now it’s really easy to make absolutely perfect monkey bread!
3 Steps to Amazing Monkey Bread
- 3 cans refrigerated biscuits cut into fourths tossed with cinnamon sugar and placed in bundt pan
- Heat 1 stick of butter with 1/4 cup International Delight® Caramel Macchiato (uh… yum!!) and pour over coated biscuits
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes then drizzle with icing made with confectioners sugar mixed with International Delight® French Vanilla (again with the yum!)
All this stuff is easily found at your local Walmart store (of course). And that’s it!! Whether you’re serving 4 or 24, and whether they’re sleeping in your home or driveway camping, you’ll easily pull it off with hot coffee and this delicious Monkey Bread (and a little help from International Delight®.) Now it’s your turn! Dash out to Walmart. Get the ingredients for your coffee bar and a loaf of warm Gooey Monkey Bread, sit back, relax and enjoy your family during the holiday season!
Need more info on these new amazing International Delight® flavors in the very convenient half gallon container? Click here!
- 3 Cans Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits, Cut all biscuits into fourths
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Stick butter
- 1/4 Cup International Delight® Caramel Macchiato
- 1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons International Delight® French Vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cut biscuits into a gallon size zip top bag (it works best to do half at a time). In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and cinnamon until blended. Pour entire mixture into gallon zip top bag containing 1/2 of the cut biscuits. Close top and shake vigorously until all pieces are coated. Remove coated pieces and add remaining half of the biscuit pieces. Shake until well coated and remove pieces.
- Place all coated biscuit pieces into a greased bundt pan.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over low heat until melted. Add International Delight® Caramel Macchiato creamer and heat through. Pour mixture over the top of the biscuits in the bundt pan. Place in oven for 45 minutes, turning half way through to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners sugar and International Delight® French Vanilla creamer.
- Invert cooked Monkey Bread onto a platter and drizzle glaze over the top. Enjoy!