I’ve come a long way since my burned-on-the-outside-cold-on-the-inside hot dog days. (Yes, that’s how my very first camping trip went…) I’ve since learned how to put out all kinds of great camping food (grilled chicken quesadillas, sausage pumpkin pasta, homemade guacamole, to name a few.) I’ve also learned that it takes some great camping kitchen equipment to make it happen. I wanted to share with you my top ten favorite camping kitchen must haves. I have them all. I use them all, and I believe in them all! I’ve included links for you to order them on Amazon if you wish. (Amazon Prime is another thing I believe it. Perhaps a little too much… lol! Here’s a link for a free trial! Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial)
Camping Kitchen Must Haves – Top 10
1. Weber Q2200 Grill – This is hands down my favorite camping kitchen item! I can’t even begin to tell you how many wonderful meals have come off of this grill. After trying (and being disappointed with) several other brands and models, I finally landed on a real winner with the Weber Q2200. It’s lightweight, easy to move, a snap to turn on, and the grease drains perfectly every time. I love it, love it, love it. (Plus it comes in a bunch of cute colors). I also have the interchangeable griddle, which is also fantastic!
2. JetBoil Joule – I love backpack tent camping, but the camping kitchen is a whole different ballgame when you have to bring your entire kitchen and food supply on your back. That’s where the JetBoil comes in! It is a flash boil system that heats water to a boil in about 30 seconds. It’s truly amazing. Once you’ve got boiling water, you’ve got a way to make any number of wonderful camping dishes – boil in a bag eggs, freeze dried meals, even my creamy coconut soup was made with the JetBoil!
3. Lightweight Plastic Cutting Board – Good food usually requires at least a little bit of chopping (onions, garlic, tomatoes, etc.). I use my simple, lightweight plastic cutting board All. The. Time! A definite must have!
4. Coleman Camp Stove Toaster – There’s nothing like a hearty scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast breakfast when you’re out in the wilderness. But toast can present a problem. Toasters are impractical (unless your RV is plugged in). But Coleman has a great solution! This Camp Stove Toaster works over any propane stove. And it works really well!
5. Starbucks VIA Coffee – Savoring a hot cup of Joe when I wake up in the great outdoors is one of my favorite things when I’m camping. There are lots of ways to make that delicious cup of wholesome goodness, but none easier than the Starbucks VIA instant coffee. No muss. No fuss. Easy and no coffee grounds to deal with. And it’s actually really good! It’s not the cheapest way to go, but the convenience is worth it!
6. Coleman Instant Canopy – I love cooking outside. But I don’t like being baked by the sun when I’m doing it! This sun shade structure solves many problems. It provides me with much needed shade when I’m cooking lunch or a pre-sunset dinner. But it also has LED lights built in, so it gives us all some light when we’re playing games outside after dark. It’s a breeze to set up and take down. We use it every time we camp!
7. LED Lights – You’ve gotta be able to see when you’re whipping up something amazing on that grill. I’ve tried everything from flashlights to propane lanterns to candles, but by far the most convenient option is a set of these LED Camping lights. They’re bright enough to see what you’re doing, but they are also adjustable so you can turn it down if you’d like. My sister found these and they’ve been a great addition to our campsite!
8. Pop Up Trash Can – Another one of my sister’s great finds! This pop up trash can uses regular black liners, can hold a ton of trash, and is a snap to pop open and collapse at the end of your camping trip. It takes up almost no room when stored, but holds enough to get us through a family camping weekend. (Don’t forget to take it in a night or empty it if you’re in bear country!!)
9. Yeti Colsters – Warm beer sucks. Yeti, the granddaddy of all things cold knows this! Therefore it came out with these amazing keep-your-beer-cold “coozies” to solve the problem. And boy do they work well! They’re not the sleekest or most compact of coozies, but they are far superior when it comes to keeping those drinks cold.
10. Orion Cooler – It took me years to finally invest in a high end cooler. I never should have waited so long. After spending years and years wasting money on all that ice that melts in a day, I finally bit the bullet and got myself a true high quality cooler! It keeps ice (and drinks) cold for days! Had I done this when I first started camping, it would have more than paid for itself by now. I’m just glad I finally did it! I love the Orion for its quality. But I bought it because of the cool designs! And I have not been disappointed! 🙂
Now you have it! My favorite camping kitchen gadgets! Hopefully they will bring you as much convenience, joy, and happiness as they have brought me. And if you ever have any questions about any of the items, please don’t hesitate to contact me. You can use the “contact” form on this blog, or just Tweet or FB Message me. You can even SnapChat me! (Username @TheSpicyApron) I’d love to hear from you! Happy Camping!