Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli might just be the first frozen vegetable I actually like. It’s a quick and easy (and delicious) way to get a nutritious vegetable on your table any night of the week.
Broccoli is a healthy and versatile vegetable that can be enjoyed in many different ways. One of the easiest and most convenient ways to cook broccoli is in the air fryer. Air fryers use hot air to cook food, which means that they use little or no oil, making it a good-for-you alternative to sauteeing in lots of oil.
And it eliminates the need for mushy, microwave broccoli (I hate that!). Air fryer frozen broccoli is tender, crisp, and a little crunchy. That’s the way broccoli should be. And it’s one of my favorite frozen vegetable air fryer recipes.
The Science Behind the Food
Our health is dependent on what we eat. That is not an overstatement. Yes, I like to show you easy ways to get great-tasting healthy food on your table. But I also like to explain why you should be eating these foods.
Broccoli is one of the best sources of vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients. And that’s even true for frozen broccoli.
Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli are loaded with vitamin C, calcium, and fiber. These nutrients improve immunity, strengthen bones, and aid in digestion.
Additionally, broccoli is high in sulforaphane. This is an antioxidant powerhouse and is necessary for DNA repair. Studies show that sulforaphane’s DNA repair activity can help fight certain types of cancer. All this from the humble broccoli! Nice!
Is It Okay to Air Fry Frozen Vegetables?
It’s surprisingly easy and tasty to air fry frozen vegetables. And the best part is that you don’t even need to thaw them first.
In fact, you shouldn’t thaw them first. I’ve found that air fried frozen vegetables come out crisper and less soggy (or burned) if you don’t thaw them. (My air fryer frozen green beans are another favorite of mine. Give them a try after you’ve tried the broccoli.)
Ingredients In Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Frozen Broccoli Florets (see full recipe below) – Do not thaw before you cook frozen broccoli.
- Olive Oil – You can also use avocado oil, but steer clear of refined oils like canola or vegetable oil. Those are most definitely not good for your overall health.
- Salt and Pepper – Add these according to your own personal taste.
- Garlic Powder – This is optional, but I do like the added flavor it provides.
- Parmesan Cheese – Optional. My non-dairy vegan parmesan cheese is great on this!
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Toss the frozen broccoli with the oil and spices and put into your air fryer basket.
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees for 10 minutes cook time and cook the broccoli. Shake the basket halfway through the cooking process.
- Add an additional 2 minutes of cooking time if you want crispier, charred edges.
To air fry frozen broccoli, simply place the broccoli florets in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender and slightly browned. Air fryer broccoli is a delicious and healthy side dish that is easy to make. It is also a great way to add more vegetables to your diet
Tools Used for This Recipe
Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli is actually really good! Crisp, tender, and super easy to make. An easy weeknight vegetable to add to your dinner table.
- 1 16 ounce package of frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (can use avocado oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - optional
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese - optional (can use vegan cashew "parm" if non-dair)
- In a large bowl toss frozen broccoli florets with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder if using.
- Pour the seasoned broccoli into your air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 400 degrees and the cook time to 10 minutes.
- Insert the basket into the air fryer. Shake the basket halfway during the cooking process.
- If you want charred crispier edges, spray the broccoli with olive oil cooking spray after the cook time is complete. Then cook another 2 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 77Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
This post may contain affiliate links to various products. I may get a very small percentage of anything you purchase with these links, but It will not cost you more if you use these links. Thank you for your support.