Sometimes you’ve gotta splurge and this Sriracha Aioli is the perfect opportunity! It’s creamy, garlicky, and has just the right amount of kick.
Plus it fits perfectly into my 5 Or Fewer Cooking Series. It’s my collection of recipes that have either 5 or fewer ingredients or 5 or fewer steps. And sometimes, it’s both!
This sriracha aioli sauce has 5 ingredients and only 2 steps! Easy peasy. It’s most definitely splurge-worthy!
What is Aioli Sauce?
Aioli is a creamy emulsion blend that is garlicky, lemony, and very fresh tasting. Adding sriracha to traditional aioli gives it a nice boost of heat.
The base of aioli is olive oil or avocado oil emulsified with egg yolk. Then lemon or lime juice is added, depending on your flavor preference.
Aioli sauce has a similar consistency to mayo, but the addition of garlic gives aioli its very distinct flavor. My addition of sriracha makes it even better! (If you’re into flavors with a little kick.)
And homemade sriracha aioli is way better than store-bought. Plus it’s better for you because it’s made with oils that are good for you, rather than the highly processed oils often found in the store-bought varieties.
What Do You Eat Sriracha Aioli With?
The better question may be – what don’t you eat aioli with?? Ok, I’m kidding. (kind of). Sriracha aioli sauce can be used anywhere you would normally like a creamy, mayo-type of dressing or dip.
Ingredients in Sriracha Aioli
- Garlic – a lot of garlic! That’s what gives it the punchy taste! (see full recipe below)
- Lemon juice – this gives the sauce its brightness. You can also use lime juice.
- Avocado Oil – I like the flavor and neutrality of avocado oil for this sriracha aioli, but high-quality extra virgin olive oil is also very nice.
- Egg yolks – these give it the hefty body of the sauce.
- Sriracha – Feel free to use as much or as little as you like, depending on your heat preference. Sriracha has a medium level of spiciness so it will not be overpowering.
How to Make This Recipe
I am making this in my Multo by CookingPal (because it’s super easy!) but you can also make this in a regular high-speed blender. Check out Multo here to see all of the amazing things it can do! (See full recipe below)
- Mince or grate the garlic
- Add the lemon juice, egg yolks, and sriracha sauce. Give it a quick blend.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender then replace the lid, but remove the center of the lid and turn the blender onto medium low. Slowly drizzle the oil into the blender to emulsify all the ingredients together.
- Enjoy it on nearly everything!
A note about my CookingPal Multo
This sriracha aioli can be made with any quality blender, but I do love making it in my CookingPal Multo. My Multo has replaced many other kitchen appliances and makes “one pot” meal prep and cooking very easy.
It not only chops, blends, whips, and emulsifies, it also cooks! It’s great for soups and stews and it masters multi-layer cooking. Check it out here for more info! (And use coupon code “TheSpicyApron” at the checkout screen to save $80 instantly.)
I’m guessing this garlicky, zesty sriracha aioli sauce will quickly become one of your favorite splurge-worthy sauces!
Tools used in this recipe:
- CookingPal Multo
- Silicone Spatula
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspon Kosher salt
- 12 ounces water
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce (more for more spice)
- 10 ounces avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Finely mince the garlic in a high-speed blender then scrape down the side of the blender bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, egg yolks, salt, water and sriracha sauce and blend on medium high speed for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender then replace the lid, removing the center of the lid. Turn the blender on medium low speed and drizzle the oil into the mixture over 2 minutes to emulsify.
- Serve with nearly everything!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.