It’s time to combine a couple of camping classics – soul-warming hot chocolate with rich, marshamallowy-graham-crackery ever popular s’mores. Yes, it’s definitely time for S’mores Hot Chocolate!
Our family has a long history with s’mores. My sister is
infamous famous for hers! Even on our very first camping outing nearly 15 years ago, my sister’s s’mores took center stage. The dedication, care, and persistence that went into toasting every single marshmallow to s’mores perfection led to pure joy (if not euphoria) as she savored every single bite. Trust me, the site of my sister in the zone with her perfectly toasted marshmallow was something to behold… Now that’s what s’mores are all about!
There’s no doubt… I needed to figure out how to capture all that awesomeness in a drink! A rich, comforting, s’moresy drink! And here it is! S’mores Hot Chocolate! A mug full of warm, satisfying, liquid
gold chocolate rimmed with graham goodness, topped with creamy whipped marshmallow, a drizzle of chocolate, and a few additional graham cracker crumbs for good measure.
How To Make Delicious S’Mores Hot Chocolate The Easy Way
- Smear a bit of whipped marshmallow creme around the rim of your mug
- Finely crush a few graham crackers and put on a plate
- Dip marshmallow covered rim of mug into graham cracker crumbs to rim mug
- Make your favorite hot chocolate according to the directions (this gourmet hot chocolate is a big favorite)
- Top with a dollop of whipped marshmallow creme
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and top with more graham cracker crumbs
Now, just hunker down in your camp chair near the crackling fire with your mug full of deliciousness! Hot and chocolatey and all the marshmallow and graham cracker goodness you’ve always loved. This is sure to become a camping classic! And by the way… there’s absolutely nothing wrong with pairing this lovely S’mores Hot Chocolate with actual s’mores! Just sayin’… Here’s a great recipe for my cinnamon s’mores should you be so inclined to indulge!