Instant Pot Meatloaf is a game-changer! It used to be reserved for special Sunday evenings because it took so long to make. Not anymore! Thanks to the Instant Pot you can have homemade, moist and juicy, down-home comfort food any night of the week.
Yep – Instant Pot Meatloaf will definitely become a weeknight favorite! And it’s so easy, you can even make it your RV when you’re out camping!
Making meatloaf is a bit of a lost art. It can be a challenge to make one that’s hearty and flavorful and moist and tender AND pleases everyone! It can also be a bit of a mess to make, and can take a fair amount of time.
But not anymore! One pot and less than an hour is all it takes. Instant Pot Meatloaf is a game-changer. It’s time to bring meatloaf back!
(Exciting news!! My Instant Pot Authorized Cookbook is now available on Amazon and at your favorite book seller! Check it out here!)
But there’s a secret to getting perfect, flavorful, tender, no-fail meatloaf every single time. Sausage! (And cream.) Yes, my friends, if you want a more flavorful meatloaf, you’ve gotta add more flavor!
And my famous meatloaf is chock full of flavor – sauteed veggies, spicy Italian sausage along with traditional ground beef, a touch of hot pepper sauce and a splash (okay… it’s a bit more than a splash) of cream to keep it all nice and moist!
Check out my new How to Be The Boss of Your Instant Pot Master Course too!
And the best part of all? It can now be made in the Instant Pot! Yep! My absolute favorite kitchen appliance has turned this weekend specialty into a weeknight delight! Enter Instant Pot Meatloaf! It comes together in about 10 minutes and is on your table in less than 60.
(If you're looking for more Instant Pot Comfort food (and let's face it... who isn't?), then check out my Instant Pot Chicken Thighs!)
How to Make Instant Pot Meatloaf
Saute the onions, carrots, and celery (directly in the Instant Pot). Combine with ground beef and spicy Italian sausage. Add some eggs, cream, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs and a couple shakes of hot pepper sauce. Mold into a loaf on top of a piece of tin foil that will fit your Instant Pot. Pour a cup of water into the Instant Pot and place meatloaf into pot on top of trivet. Set timer to 40 minutes on pressure cook.
Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes after cooking cycle. Carefully remove, drizzle more BBQ sauce on top and enjoy!
Believe it or not, Instant Pot Meatloaf now makes a regular appearance at our campsite! Just mix up all the ingredients and plop it in your Instant Pot, press the button and forget about it. And it won't heat up your RV! Whether it's a weekend treat, a weeknight favorite, or an RV camping specialty, this Instant Pot Meatloaf never fails! Life's short. Eat meat!
And be sure to check out my NEW Instant Pot Authorized Holiday Cookbook available NOW!
If you're looking for more Instant Pot Comfort Food try these Fall off the Bone Ribs!
Need a 3 Quart Instant Pot? Get it here!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Baby Carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Spicy Ground Sausage
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Green Onion, sliced crosswise, white and green parts
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- several dashes Hot Pepper Sauce, optional
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Press Instant Pot Saute function button to heat up Instant Pot inner pot. When display reads not, add olive oil. Then add celery, carrots, and onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes until slightly soft. Add garlic and saute one more minute.
- In a large bowl add cooked vegetable mixture to ground beef and sausage. Add 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce and all remaining ingredients and mix well. This works best using your hands. Mix, but do not overmix or the meat will be tough.
- Place a large piece of foil on your countertop, approximately double the size of your Instant Pot's inner pot. Pour meat mixture onto foil and form into a round loaf that will fit into your inner pot with a little room to spare on the sides.
- Place 1 cup water into Instant Pot inner pot, then place trivet in pot. Carefully lift meatloaf using the sides of the foil and place into pot. Drizzle 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce on top of loaf. Tuck foil into the pot so it does not interfere with the lid placement.
- Secure lid, ensuring the valve is turned toward sealing. Select pressure cook (or manual depending on your model) and set the timer to 40 minutes. When timer goes off, let sit for another 10 minutes (this is a "natural release.") Turn the valve to venting to release any remaining pressure. Carefully remove meatloaf using the sides of the foil. Let rest 10 minutes then drizzle remaining BBQ on top. Serve in thick slices topped with additional sliced green onions.