I was on a run when I came up with this one, which might explain why I thought consuming this many calories at one time is a good idea. Well, it is a good idea!! In fact, it’s a great idea! A great idea if you like deep, rich Guinness beer. And cool, creamy rocky road ice cream. And graham crackers. And of course chocolate! Yes, this Guinness S’mores Ice Cream Float is the perfect adult summertime s’mores treat that has a little something for everyone.
Summertime is full of sunshine, long, glorious days, the great outdoors, and lots of fun food and drinks that make summer summer. I’d put ice cream floats high on the list of fun summertime eats and treats. Carbonated, foamy, deliciousness loaded with heaping scoops of ice cream. Yep, that’s summertime at its finest.
Now add a nice, rich, flavorful beer and some s’mores fixins and you’ve got yourself a knock it out of the park summertime winner! Although it can be a bit messy (that’s half the fun of it!), the Guinness S’mores Ice Cream Float will undoubtedly become one of your favorite summertime memories.
As always, here at The Spicy Apron, we Keep it Simple. Keep it Tasty, and Keep it Easy to Clean. So with a little help from rocky road ice cream – loaded with mini marshmallows and chunks of chocolate – some chocolate syrup, and a few graham crackers, you can make a fully loaded Guinness S’mores Ice Cream Float in no time at all.
Here’s how to make the Guinness S’mores Ice Cream Float
Grab a couple of frosty mugs or glasses, rim the edges with a bit of chocolate syrup and some graham cracker crumbs, and pop open a deep, rich Guinness beer of your choice. Split the beer among the two glasses, add one or two scoops of marshmallow-y, chocolatey, creamy rocky road ice cream, top with a few more graham cracker crumbs, a drizzle of chocolate, and garnish with a graham cracker. Serve it up! Dessert/after dinner drinks are served!
The Guinness S’mores Ice Cream Float is great for any summertime gathering – outdoor BBQs, pool parties, and yes you can even make these when you’re out camping! Just bring the ice cream in your cooler or RV freezer and serve them up the first night you arrive at your campsite. Everyone will love the special treat! Happy summer!! And if you’re in the mood to double dip on s’mores, check these out!
P.S. If you’re bringing ice cream on your camping trip, make sure to invest in a really good cooler. It took us way too long to take the plunge and get one, and now that we have one we’re always asking ourselves why didn’t we do this sooner! Trust me, it’s worth the investment. We do have a couple different brands of high-end coolers, but we do particularly like the Yeti! (Duh… who doesn’t??) Check it out on Amazon here. We love ours!
- 1 12 ounce Bottle of Guinness
- 8 Graham Cracker Squares, 1/2 finely crushed, and the other 1/2 for garnish
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1 pint Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Pour 1/2 of the chocolate syrup onto a plate and dip the top rim of a cold mug or glass into the chocolate to lightly coat rim with chocolate. Put finely crushed graham crackers onto a plate and dip chocolate coated rim of glass into graham cracker crumbs to create a chocolate and graham cracker coating of the rim of each glass.
- Carefully pour 1/2 of the beer into each glass. Add a scoop (or 2 ) of rocky road ice cream into glass of beer. Top with additional graham cracker crumbs and drizzle with remaining chocolate syrup. Garnish with a graham cracker square and serve immediately.